9.22.2015

The Perfect Dress

Polytechnic University of the Philippines
Bachelor of Arts in English
2015 Graduate
Greenhills | Parisian | Maybelline | Gold accessories from my Mom
Photographed by Jarwyn Gabana


Hello! I would like to share to you what I wore on my special day, my moving up day, My Graduation Day!
I know it's been 5 months since that day but I just want to tell you what I've been through to find what to wear.
In the following months, some of you will graduate from college, apply in the company you've been eyeing on, get hired, earn money, meet someone, get married, have kids, and just live happily ever after. Too fast, I know.hahaha
But before all those things take place, you first have to choose and find that perfect outfit. The struggle is real, believe me. I've been to places, shops, malls, boutiques, etc just to spot the right one.
I wasn't choosy or finicky. I just want to look elegant and beautiful on that day. This dress I wote wasn't my first choice. Actually, Greenhills was the last place in my mind where I would go looking for my graduation dress. When I went there, I got swamped with thousands of dresses, all ready to go up the stage. I walked around with my cousins and I came across this dress. I loved it the moment I layed my eyes on it. I love the cut, the print, the color, everything! So I purchased it right away. But I did purchase a few more so I had a lot to choose from.

I paired this lovely dress with Parisian because I love Parisian shoes. It just made the dress formal and fit for the event. And then that morning, my mom surprise me with a set of gold earrings, necklace, and bracelet. Oh how perfect, right?! She told me they would bring out a pulsing aura, and they sure did!
For the finishing touch, I just put on light day makeup from Maybelline. It channeled the youth-going-to-grownup-world in me plus it made my me simple yet elegant.

Tips

1. Go for cuts that will highlight or accentuate your body type.
2. Choose the color which is right for your skin.
3. Don't or Never go for super short dresses. You'll either look like a "you know" or like your going to a party.
4. Minimal accessories.
5. Go easy on the makeup.

I hope I was able to help you in choosing your future grad dress.
Good luck and Congratulations in advance!


Instagram
@thesharmainemarie

Twitter
@TheSharmaineM

Discover the Inner Fab in You!

No comments:

Post a Comment