2.14.2016

What's It Like To Be Not-so Alone On Vday


 
Forever 21  JAG  MSense Sunnies  Unisilver Time  NYX
  
 
 
Before anything else, Happy Valentine's Day! ♥
It's that time of the year again where couples are allowed to cuddle in public, show a ton of PDA, and practically do everything sweet for their significant other. Ugghhh. Now I'm gonna share to you my Vday story/thoughts this 2016 (I guess my first entry for the year will be full of emotions? hahaha)
 
Okay, so to start and to make all things clear, I'm not single. I'm already taken by a man of great value. Meaning, he is everything to me (so cheesy, I know).
 
He completes me with his smile when he looks at me for a while.
He completes me everyday with all the words he says.
He completes me because he's nice and when he talks to me sweetly, I somehow turn into ice.
 
I know, I somehow made a short poem right there. The big question is, why is that the title of my entry? Hmmmm... It's simple. It's because I pretty am celebrating THE Day far from my man. Yah, so childish of me to whine about it but it's Valentines and I kinda have the right to be sad being alone today. :)
 
So what is it like to be not-so alone today?
 
 
 
1. I have a lot of time for myself.
 
          Because I don't have someone to share it with besides a few people here.
 
2. I could eat what I want.
 
          Since I don't have to go on a date, I could eat anything I want or not to eat anything at all. Just to give you an info, I only ate half a bowl of champorado for lunch and chocolate cupcake and white coffee for snacks. Yah, all sweet because it's Vday.
 
3. I have the license to make HUGOTs.
 
          I was in date with my bestie last night. She was already single (I'm sorry for bringing that up again. hahaha) and I was going off from work so we decided to go on a late night pre-Valentine date. She was laughing and laughing and taking Snapchat videos of me because almost all the things coming out of my mouth were Hugots. What can I do? I'm just full of it. hahaha
 
4. I could go anywhere I want.
 
          From home to office and home again. hahaha
Well, I'll just watch Harry Potter movies later!
 
5. I don't have to dress up.
 
          Yesterday and today, I noticed that a lot of people were so dressed up and manhandling bouquets and things wrapped in cute-sy parchments. Of course, because they're going on a fancy or simple walk in the park date. And there I was, so casual and laid back looking. At least I didn't wear black. Still a Vday color. :)
 
 
 
Noticed anything on the things I mentioned above? The word I.
Being not-so alone or basically a no-date person on Vday includes a lot of I(s). It s*cks to say a lot of I(s). I think it would have been better if they were WE(s).
 Honestly, it was a bit hard for me to be alone today because of all the couples I see celebrating together. I didn't have the chance to do all those stuff I said above with my man (Vday this year). Maybe it would have been a great day. A memorable and sweet day. But you know what? This Vday today is also remarkable to me because not only it's our first Vday apart from each other but it's also our first Vday in an LDR situation. I learned a lot and discovered a few things about me and our relationship. You can't have everything you want when you want it. You also have to deal with things differently from time to time. Come on, grow up! Growing up comes with developing and developing comes maturity. I'm pretty sure we'll be together next month because I will be disturbing and annoying him in their province. :)
 
So that's it. I hope you enjoyed, a bit, and were able to relate to my Vday encounter. And I sure am happy for all of you spending this year's Day of the Hearts!
 
 
 
Instagram
@thesharmainemarie
 
 Twitter
@TheSharmaineM
 
 
 Discover the Inner Fab In You this Valentine's Day
 


No comments:

Post a Comment